Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The worst job I ever had.


This post was inspired by Fat Mum Slim's eye-gouging post about the woes of living nearby to a backpackers hostel.

It reminded me of The Worst Job I Ever Had.

It was back when hadn't yet hit twenty years old, so of course I knew absolutely everything there was to know about anything.

Following high school, and before university, I had been working inside the pokey, stinking hot and cigarette-choked office of a fruit and vegetable wholesaler. The chain-smoking owner was an Italian named Mario and the dealings were a thousand shades of dodgy. I had to crawl through a hobbit-sized rickety steel gate to get inside the warehouse, past the mouthy forklift drivers and the stench of rotting fruit.

Unbelievably, this was not the worst job I ever had.














1 comment:

  1. Wow - that sounds awful!! I've never had a job that compares to the nightmare of that one. But having spent a few drunken nights out in The Cross, I can imagine exactly what you had to contend with! Thanks for your comment re: your business. Would love to have a chat about it with you! I couldn't find a direct email address for you but here's mine bridget.hurley5@gmail.com. Perhaps we should catch up over a champagne?! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! X

Related Posts with Thumbnails