Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Five things I can't live without.


Yes yes, I'm a copy-cat and should be ashamed. Some brilliant bloggers were blogging (hmm... tongue-twister alert) about this same topic recently: Fat Mum Slim, Tales of a Tai Tai and Kate Takes 5.

So, given that I'm all inspired, here are five random things I'm SO loving right now.

1. My iPhone.

Anyone who has one will just know and that's all there is to it... it's kind of like the TV show Buffy the Vampire Slayer: we all reject and rebel until we watch it from episode one and fall to our knees with guilt as we realise it's actually utterly brilliant. Not only does my iPhone call people from random locations, but it also sends text messages, has internet, sends me emails and has an applications where I can do things like build my own clothing store or become Henry VIII and make decisions to totally re-write history. Amaze.

2. TV series.

I have totally given up on cable TV in Hong Kong and surrendered to the fact that it's crap. The good stuff is only ever on past 11pm at night (this city keeps really odd hours) and there is no TIVO to record anything and watch it back later. Oh and don't even get me started on the repetitive programming... if I see that episode of Banged Up Abroad one more time with that Jamaican woman that looks like a man I swear to God I'll... (insert random act of violence). So instead I download and watch TV series. I'm burning through quite a bit at the moment: Damages, Brothers & Sisters, Mad Men, Sons of Anarchy, Game of Thrones and Gossip Girl. Oh yes, my boyfriend and I talk A LOT right now... (looks the other way)

3. My memory foam mattress.

Straw poll: How many of you sleep on a memory foam mattress?

You DON"T?? Are you INSAAANE??????

Ok, random mattress tirade over. Ignore the crazy woman, nothing to see here folks.

Friends, it's like this... in my expert opinion (I've never worked in the furniture industry at all) once you sleep on a memory foam mattress, you never look back. It's my promise to you - oh, and only if it's a high-quality one obviously, there are some real try-hard memory foams out there (*coughs* Ikea). My addiction to this body-hugging mattress is so bad, it's literally a war between my body and my irritating daytime obligations to tear myself out of it each morning. I also live in fear of the inevitable fight with the hubby where I throw a spectacular tantrum and storm off to sleep on the couch... what... and have a night away from the memory foam bed? Honey I forgive you!!

4. My laptop.

It's a predictable entry but I'd be a big fat liar if I didn't put it. Would it be melodramatic to say my laptop is my entire life? I mostly work either from home or remotely, it contains my business materials, my social media access, my personal photos, my Skype, and my TV series... 'nuff said. p.s. God bless you Apple MacBook you sexy thing, you.

5. Moccona Indulgence coffee.

In an utterly shocking admission, I actually like instant coffee. I can't stand that powdery-tasting plunger stuff, plus it's too hard... all that plunging. But I'll only drink instant if it's Moccona's Indulgence. Oh no, I'm not high-maintenance (tosses hair). This coffee, in Hong Kong anyway, is more expensive than its colleagues. It smugly flaunts its top dollar price tag on the high shelf, while Nescafe and the others suffer below in the cheap seats. My boyfriend B is always looking to curb my spending, so he's tried to slip in cheaper coffee knock-offs, convinced this brand obsession all in my head. He's gone so far as to make me a coffee from another brand and then lie to my face and say it's Moccona Indulgence, to see if I'd notice. Oh yes buddy, I noticed. Better luck next time.


9 comments:

  1. I'm with you on #1. I dont have a memory foam matress but I did go and buy 2 pillows but I find them too hard! They are in the top of the wardrobe, too expensive to throw out, I guess i'm stuck moving them from house to house for the rest of my life:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you:)
    I wish you a pleasant day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute! I'm going to have to do this soon! BTW... I follow your blog religiously! You write so adorably! xx, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Addicted to my iPhone like there's no tomorrow. My work blackberry is monopolising my life but the iPhone keeps creeping back in! x LondonZest

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just for the fun of it I'm trying to remember the type of things we couldn't do without before the computer/internet age. Anybody from that era in history out there who knows? Or is able to remember ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. downloading and watching when I want to is the best way to watch tv!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved you post! But I have to know one thing. What is the name of the iphone app where you can be Henry the VIII? Thanks to your post I really want it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean about your phone and your laptop - I'm totally way too connected. And, coffee? Seriously, can't get enough of it :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you on ALL those things : )
    For coffee, I'm addicted to my Keurig!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! X

Related Posts with Thumbnails