Saturday, March 13, 2010

An open letter to my new country



I feel we have been getting along swimmingly of late, but I regret to inform you that you have, once again, grossed me out.

You see, B and I purchased an oven today - an appliance sadly missed from our inadequate kitchen until now - and we excitedly decided to cancel plans for a Saturday night on the town, in order to stay home and roast a chicken.

Upon purchasing our winged friend, we were both somewhat disturbed to notice the chicken had been delivered with its head firmly attached.

I hope you understand our dismay, as we not only had to visualise this appalling image, but also violently decapitate the chicken in order to proceed with cooking it in our standard (headless) Western fashion.

I appreciate your understanding on this matter, and sincerely hope you will not be offended by our request:

No more chicken heads, please.

Yours,

1 comment:

  1. No more heads please!

    Yuk!

    I wouldn't have been able to eat.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! X

Related Posts with Thumbnails