Monday, June 6, 2011

Analysis Paralysis.



I think I am. I think I think too much. What do you think?

I believe thinking is truly a wonderful thing... I'm all for it. Like our own mini 'time out', it keeps ourselves in check, prevents us from going off the rails, and enables us to make decisions. Thinking is all good. Except when it becomes paralysing and counterintuitive.



Living abroad, away from home, is dangerously fertile ground for analysis paralysis. In fact, it can be wickedly deceitful... one day you can float through life to a soundtrack of 'tra la la', living in some kind of perpetual holiday fantasy in this 'new world'; and on other days you can wake up wondering where the hell you are and if you even recognise your own life. Because so much has changed so fast.

Out of the blue, I have missed home this weekend. I have missed my 'old life'. I have struggled to recognise my new life, which made so much sense just a few days ago. And I'd like to send analysis paralysis on an all-expenses-paid trip back to the Maldives.

What about you? Do you ever 'over-think' it all?


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for putting my feelings into words! Nice knowing someone is experiencing the same thing! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! X

Related Posts with Thumbnails