Thursday, November 19, 2009

I know I'm a tad tardy in starting a blog.


But I've never really had anything to talk about until now, or share.
Who even knows if anyone will read this!
Maybe my family and friends, now that I've moved away.

Which brings me to my next point.

This blog is designed to be about my experiences, challenges, loves and losses living overseas.

I'm an Australian girl, a Sydneysider to be exact, who has lived in the seaside town for the first 3 decades of her life. (Why am I talking in the third person??)
I had a great life in Sydney, a great job, a fantastic family, and adorable friends. The thing was, in one of those annoying 'glass if half whatever' things, it was all never really 'enough' for me. So if not merely because of a desire for freedom, exploration, experience, I decided to follow a man to Hong Kong.

Not just any man.

My boyfriend, who due to his own wishes for privacy, shall be called 'B' here. (But I might post pics of him on here which pretty much kills that whole privacy thing, we'll see).

B and I had been dating for one year when he was offered a work transfer to the Chinese port town, and well - never mind him - it was really an offer I couldn't refuse. He's a worldly sort of a bloke, a Canadian with an Australian passport, who has already lived in multiple cities. When it came to moving abroad for 'a great adventure in places unknown' he'd already been there done that but I never had. And desperately wanted to. Life was far too easy and I wanted hard, hard, hard. So perhaps it was me that pushed him more into accepting the move.

Of course - hang on, no that sounds insulting to my fellow Hong Kong'ers - for whatever reason, Hong Kong really hadn't been on my dream list of places to live. I'd always pictured a Meatpacking District pad in New York, a flat down the road from Travestere in Rome, or a Venice beach house in California. But, as life often decides what we want is not always what we're going to get, a job offer came up in Hong Kong - and so now we are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! X

Related Posts with Thumbnails