Friday, October 29, 2010

Back to Oz.



Tonight B and I fly back to Australia for a bit of recharging and reconnecting with the ol' motherland.

Well, motherland in my case; step-motherland in his case, as he's a Canadian who carries an Australian passport.

But more to the point, has it really been that long since I last went home to Sydney?

It seems like yesterday I was having these same thoughts, writing a similar post. Except last time, I was much more nervous.




I am looking forward to so many things...

Sitting in the company of my amazing family without a webcam in the way.

Raising a glass to my dad's birthday on his Sunday-happy balcony.

Waking up in my mum's house and stepping onto the back porch with a coffee, breathing in the fresh air and listening to that incredible sound we call silence. Hong Kong hasn't quite discovered it yet.

Having B by my side this time... the way it should be.

A week of no Chinese food. Yes I do love you Chinese food, but we need a break.


Seeing Reggie, our snake, again! What up, Reg.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! X

Related Posts with Thumbnails