Monday, November 28, 2011

Saying goodbye to style.


Nothing says you're 'up the duff' (really not the loveliest expression, is it) quite like maternity jeans.

MATERNITY JEANS.

I mean those hideous jeans with an elastic waistband that fly the comfort pride flag rather than the fashionista one.

I'm hardly Rachel Zoe (and thank God for that) but I never quite imagined myself wearing elastic waistband jeans. In fact, the heavens had a little snigger at me about this very issue just last week... I headed over to a girlfriend's place on Friday night, 15 weeks pregnant. When I arrived, I pulled up my shirt (relax folks, it wasn't that kind of party - not enough champagne) and proudly showed her that I was still fitting into my regular jeans! She oohed and ahhed and kindly served me pasta and cake, and then we settled down to watch The Kennedys mini-series.

Except, after all that pasta and cake I just couldn't concentrate, despite JFK and Bobby and all their rrraow-ness. I kept wriggling and writhing on my friend's couch, even though I was lying flat on my back.

My friend asked me, "Are you OK?"

I replied, "I can't breathe. I need maternity jeans."

No less than a few hours after I was showing off about not needing them. Cue friends' laughter.

So, the next day, I hurtled to the store and picked up two pairs. And, can I tell you a secret folks? I am never taking them off. B can't even get me drunk enough to get these babies off, because I can't get drunk right now. BOOYAH.

Who invented these genius devices, and where can I subscribe to their entire being? I may not be cool, but my lord I'm comfortable. **Runs to the store to buy a comfort pride flag and hang it in the window like a Brazilian**.

p.s. I promise to post a baby bump pic soon!

2 comments:

  1. hahaha this made me laugh so hard. i bet they are amazing!! work those maternity jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Nat! For sure, you can rock those jeans...Can't wait to see your Baby Bump!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! X

Related Posts with Thumbnails